<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 31, 2003

Have You Seen This Woman?? 

It seems everywhere I go people recognize me. Ask anyone who goes anywhere with me (that would be Dawn) and they will tell you it is so. It happens often enough as to be uncanny. I have a few theories...

The Multiple Personality Theory.

I have a multiple personality disorder and all those many hours I remember as sitting home doing nothing are actually spent in a very active social life that I have no recollection of. This 'other Katie' must be quite a socialite judging by the numbers of strangers I meet who know me. This would also explain why I'm tired all the time even though I've generally done nothing but sit on my ass all day.

The Past Life Theory

The cosmic forces have aligned in such a way that I'm meeting people from several past lives all right here right now.

The Evil Twin Theory

There are two of me. And the other one gets out a lot and has a lot of friends while I sit around my house and don't clean it. I guess in that scenario *I* am actually the evil twin. Cool.

The Average Jo(ann) Theory

My appearance is so completely average that I look enough like everyone that people see me and automatically assume they've seen me before.

The I'm Getting Damn Old And I've Never Lived Anywhere But Here Theory

All these people HAVE seen me before because I've lived in this fricking town my whole fricking life and that life is getting longer and longer every day!! And consequently my memory of these people is fading at an exponential rate.

The I'm Too Sexy Theory

I'm SO damn attractive that all these people are just using that as their opening line to try to date me. :) We all know that "don't I know you from somewhere" is one of the oldest lines known to man (and, apparently in my case, women as well).

The Matrix Theory

I's all an illusion. Everything that's happening is being programmed by an intelligent thinking machine. And right now it is delighting in screwing with me.

Well, one of these is bound to be correct. Who knows which. For now I will just enjoy my near celebrity status. :)



Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?