<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Me the Entertainer 

I haven't left my house all day. In fact I haven't even showered or put on a bra (how's that for more information than you needed? :) ). And yet I have entertained considerably more guests in my home than average today.

First my husband's friend Mark showed up while I was making pancakes with Kathrynn for breakfast. Shortly after he left Brianna (Bree-ON-uh) from next door showed up and played for a while. Then she left and came back later with her older sister Amanda and they all played with the playdough we made yesterday. Then they went home for a bit and then came back with their mother asking if I could watch them while she ran to the store.

While they were here two other neighbor kids showed up as well. Brianna (Bree-ANN-uh) and Jacob. They are 9 and 5. They were knocking on my back door explaining that their mother had to go run errands and they were apparently supposed to find someone who could watch them for an hour.

That was a little odd. I don't really even know these kids and their mom is very wary of letting them go in to people's houses. And here they were at my back door with their school bags asking me if I could watch them. No parent in sight.

So they were added to my brood for a bit. 2 nine year olds, 3 five year olds, and a three year old all running about my very messy apartment while my husband was trying to sleep! :)

Actually, since I had no idea where the mother of these two was, or when she would be home, or what she would think of her children being in my house, I decided to clean the living room. So some good came of it. Pam came and collected her kids for dinner a bit later and eventually the other two noticed their mom's car was home so they went too.

Pam came back over (with her whole family) to use our computer and was here while I ate my supper.

And here I sit, still unshowered and unbra'ed. :) And it's almost ten and there is very little hope of either of these things happening tonight.

But my living room is clean and I actually managed to prepare two whole meals today. :)

I feel I have accomplished much!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?