<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Can I just say... 

Everything is annoying me today. I was going to rant on one topic but I find everything so annoying today that I'm sure I will rant on several.

For starters I was reading The Plug in Drug today. Mary Ellen loaned it too me so I could read it (and hate it) but I'm hating it so much I'm having a hard time reading it. It's very frustrating to me to read a book I totally disagree with because I can't yell at anyone about it. Well I could (and did) yell at the book itself but it seemed not to take my words to heart. So I went at it with a pencil. Mary Ellen did tell me I could do so. But I was writing so much that it took me ages to get through the first 13 pages. And it was just making me angry. So I stopped.

What's weird is that there is so much of this book I would have totally agreed with 4 years ago. It's a very very good thing I didn't read it then. In this book they constantly refer to Television viewing as a passive activity. Passive? Have they been around children, ever??? My assumption would have to be no. And then in the very next paragraph they point out that children should spend that time reading instead of watching TV. Yeah, because READING sure gets you off your ass! Flipping those pages sure keeps you fit! I have nothing against reading!! LOL But it's such a sacred holy cow that it annoys the hell out of me. I guess so much of life is just about perspective and mine is apparently fucked up!


Speaking of my perspective. Kathrynn had Sunshine generation today. And the instructor lady must have been in a funk today too because she seemed to be very sarcastic and short tempered with the kids. On two occasions she really pissed me off. You've met Kathrynn. You know she's pretty good at speaking her mind. I'm very proud of this fact. In class today they were doing a dance and they each got two scarves tied to rings to hold and dance with. The instructor was just handing them out randomly and Kathrynn told her she really wanted two orange ones. At first she said "You get what you get" and then gave Kathrynn two orange ones. But one was short so Kathrynn asked if she could have another long one instead. So the lady did that for her. But she also commented "Gee, you really ask for what you want, not gonna break that spirit, someday when you have a job you'll go right in and tell that boss exactly what you need." Which isn't in itself all that annoying but she said it totally sarcastic. Kathrynn didn't care at all she was just happy to have two long orange scarves. :) One of the other girls piped up and asked for a long one too. So the teacher went around and replaced all the short ones with longer ones. One of the moms said (loud enough for all to hear) yeah I could tell K---- wanted one too but I gave her that 'don't you even dare' look." How sad that was to me! How very sad.

Later when they had sun their last practice song and they were going to do one more 'play' song before the end of class Kathrynn said she was tired. So I patted the seat next to me and she came and sat down. When the instructor saw Kathrynn next to me she came up to her and said "that's fine if you want to sit. Then you won't get a sticker at the end of class, stickers are for girls who participate, but you can sit there an pout." Kathrynn got up and joined in the last song and got her sticker and gave it to me because she didn't want it.

I wanted to scratch this woman's eyes out. She'd never do that to an adult (I hope). Kathrynn wasn't pouting, she wasn't 'misbehaving', she wasn't causing a distraction, she was sitting with me because she was done. And this lady thought that she would just shame Kathrynn all for the sake of some stupid sticker! Kathrynn's paying her for the class, Kathrynn is the customer here! She should get to decide when she's done!!!

I was SO annoyed. I'm still very annoyed! In case you can't tell. I don't know what to do. I asked Kathrynn afterwards if she had fun and wanted to go back again and she said yes. I was sort of hoping she'd say no. I wanted to march Kathrynn out of there and say "Come on, we'll go spend this $30 tuition check on a whole box of STICKERS!"

*sigh*

I hate people!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?