<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Divine Meat Strips of the Gods 


I often wonder if I should be a vegetarian. Not that I could, but I wonder about moral issues and the fact that I don't think I could ever kill, clean, and cook something. But I SO love meat! There's just something about chewing flesh that is very satisfying to me.

When I was a child my dad used to make flank steak. He's slice it thin and shake it in a paper bag full of seasoned flour. Then he'd fry it up. Delicious! If I was lucky and standing nearby while he was slicing the meat he would throw me little bits of it. Now that I think about it, that's weird. It wasn't weird at the time.

It wasn't like I was begging at his feet or anything. But I would just be nearby and if my mom wasn't looking (because she always got mad when he gave me raw meat, I can't imagine why ;) ) he would cut off a small inch or so morsel and dredge it through a little garlic salt and let me eat it.

The funny thing is that not long ago I was at their house and they were making flank steak. I walked up (in full view of my mom even) and sliced off a piece. I hadn't eaten raw beef in YEARS. I wanted to see why I ever ate it in the first place. I reluctantly admit that it is still quite tasty. *sigh*

I was 'surfin' the net today. And I happened upon this site. The Sneeze. And between laughing my ass of and peeing my pants, I found a quote to live by.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

This will be my new mantra.

Of course this is in sharp contrast to the Vegetarian Taco Soup I had for dinner. What can I say I regressed. ;)



Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?