<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

I DON'T Have a Degree 

I was inspired to write about my college experience by M'Ellen's post I Have a Degree.

I did go to college. Not so much 'went' really as 'hung out'. C'mon it was just CBC! I always wanted to be a midwife. And for some reason going to CBC and getting my nursing degree sounded like a good idea at the time.

I did enjoy college. Mostly I liked hangin' in the HUB with Dawn and 'others'. The classes I took in college were for the most part even less memorable than highschool. I took choir two quarters.

The plan was to obtain a nursing degree, I think the only degree I got was in sex. :)

I think my first mistake was beginning college as a virgin. I was 18 years old, horney as hell, and trying to concentrate on mundane things like homework and study groups - blech!

At the end of my first year in college a met a boy. And things progressed quickly. Knowing we only had the summer because he was going away to WSU the next year we made the most with the time we had. That is to say we had sex A LOT!!! He went away to Seattle as planned and I went into the nursing program.

The problem was that in the nursing program you're expected to concentrate and spend time outside of class doing homework. What I found was that any attempt to do homework was getting in the way of my weekend bus trips to Seattle to spend quality fucking time with my guy. I was also working pretty much full time at McDonald's and a nursing home, so my time was spread pretty thin. Something had to give. Since I was sure I needed the money, and I knew I needed the sex, I dropped out of the nursing program. :) I also realized that I just really didn't like dealing with sick people. And that working with sick people was just not my thing.

By January I had started dating Shawn. In March I broke up with the boy in Seattle. With less distance to travel for sex I went ahead and took classes that spring. I never finished them either. Live in sex was even more distracting than distance sex!

By June we were engaged and playing 'house'. In December we got married and the rest as they say is history.

Now that my mind is less focused on sex (I know you're thinking, she talks about sex ALL THE TIME!! but you should have known me then!) I'm considering the option of going back to school and becoming a carpenter.

I really enjoy it and it's somewhat related to my first degree, as there will still be a lot of 'nailing' involved. ;) (I know it's cheesy but I couldn't resist!!)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?