<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Just Wrong 

My husband is Asian and consequently we eat an inordinate amount of rice. And it's not even the vaguely nutritious kind. Nope, plain white rice. I have to admit that I actually do really like it. It did take some getting used to at first but who doesn't love rice.

I grew up a meat and potatoes girl. I do still love a good potato. And you've all read about my fondness for meat. :)

I was talking to Dawn today and discussing prime rib and other meats that are served in a pool of their own blood. It's really just not right. I even like rare meats, but that's going way too far.

I remember a couple years back going to my husband's company holiday party and they had prime rib there that was so rare even my husband couldn't eat it (He loves rare meat. At Denny's he always orders the steak and eggs and he wants neither of them really cooked. It's like food poisoning on a plate. But who am I to question his eating habits? He has $300,000 in life insurance ;) ) But this was almost like they hadn't even bothered to cook it. It was as if they had somehow coated it in 1/8 inch of cooked meat and left the rest of it completely untouched. And the blood was incredible! Nothing like blood in your green salad, and mashed potatoes.

Which brings me to my point. If you do happen to get blood in your mashed potatoes it's a pretty simple task to stir it in really well and call it 'gravy'. But you just can't do that in rice. If you stir blood into white rice do you know what you get? Bloody rice!

And that's just wrong!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?