<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

The Nagging Lessons are Coming Along Fine 

I'm driving home this evening and it's 'rush hour'. Now admittedly it's not Seattle or anything but driving in traffic makes me tense. I was also skitty because it was dark. Which is really weird because I used to always love to drive in the dark, but in the last year or so I've found that it makes me nervous.

So, anyway, there I am, doubly tense and trying to hurry so I can get home to make dinner. A car merges in front of me and from the backseat I hear...

"Hurry up, they're taking our spot!!!"

Followed shortly by...

"I don't like how you drive, Daddy doesn't drive like that, why are you a slowpoke?"

For a moment I thought I might have accidentally buckled my father into the carseat but no, no it's Kathrynn. Yes, my darling five year old is now officially a backseat driver.

Not only is she making negative comments about my driving but she's using my husband as a 'better' example of good driving.

I really just don't get this child and it's pretty clear she doesn't get me either.

She frequently gets upset if we're waiting at a stoplight and when the light turns green we aren't the first ones 'out of the gate'. She's so competitive she thinks it's a race and screams at me that the other cars are 'winning'. If I am the first car to move she cheers wildly.

She's also been known to cuss out other drivers who are going 'too slow'.

Did I mention already that she's five? FIVE! I didn't pay any attention to anything beyond the car window until I was 16 or 17 at least. She gets mad at me if I stop at a yellow light? What kids recognizes these things?

Do you feel my pain?



Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?