<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 07, 2003

Still Baffled 

So I followed that link around a bit more. What can I say I'm a sex (reading) fiend. LOL

And I have to ask.

Would guys even read such a book?

I know Shawn wouldn't. For starters he won't read self help books. It's a macho thing. Before a guy would ever be willing to read any self help book he has to be willing to admit he needs help.

How many guys are going to willingly admit they need help with anything? Especially getting women into bed?

Maybe a man who's more sensitive. One who is willing to put the macho aside and admit he has a weak spot. But in my experience these aren't men who are out looking for 'women'. You know.

Another sub-catagory of men who might read self help books are men who are in a committed relationship and are being badgered by their wives to read a certain book. And I don't know a lot of wives who would make How to Attract Anyone, Anytime, Anyplace required reading for their partner.

Maybe I'm wrong.

But I'll tell you one thing for sure. Well over 99% of their book sales are going to be online. I doubt you'd even find these books in bookstores. Even if men do manage to swallow their pride and buy these books they won't be marching into Barnes and Noble and plunking it down on the counter in front of a live cashier!

So maybe there is a market in the faceless internet industry for these books. Right up there with the penis enlargers that clog my email inbox on a daily basis! Nothing like marketing to the fragile male egos.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?