<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 28, 2003

Thankful 

Mmmm I just had my first of many post Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. I have to say that personally I wouldn't mind skipping the whole big family hoopla and jumping right to the leftovers!

My Thanksgiving went pretty well. Except that I had to share the holiday with my second oldest brother who pisses the hell off of me (hell OUT of me? Pisses me off, like hell? Hmmmm...).

I hate the way this particular brother is raising his family. He's controlling to the point that his 18 year old daughter was asking me why I could snag bits of Turkey before it was on the table and she couldn't. My brother actually yelled at my daughter for taking a bite of her food before the prayer and glared at me heavily when she said "I hate prayers" and continued eating.

Every time we get together with this particular brother it's the same thing. He freaks out when my kids tell him no. No, they won't give him a hug, no, they don't want to sit with him, no, they don't want to listen to him while he's yelling. He insists that they not tell him no because he's an adult, then I have to step in and tell him that he's wrong. That they most certainly do have the right to tell him no. And then he says derogatory things about my parenting and the fact that I was 'spoiled' and that I'm not an 'adult' and all this shit!

Ahhh, nothing like a holiday to bring a family together!

It's funny because there was a time when I was SO used to all of it that I didn't even notice. When Shawn would complain about my family and I would laugh and tell him he was exaggerating, and that's just how 'close' families are.

*sigh*

It's painful to grow up and see things with new eyes!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?