<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 22, 2003

We Got Bunked! 

Today was (finally) bunk bed day!! I am now the proud owner of the most purple bunk bed you will ever see. And it's frickin' awesome!!

My dad brought it over this afternoon. And he bought me a DRILL!!! My very own. I'm so happy you wouldn't believe it! I've always wanted an electric drill/screwdriver of my own. But they're pretty spendy and I couldn't ever convince anyone to buy me one. I could have got one for myself I suppose but it's really not something you buy yourself. It's just one of those things, if I remember correctly it's diamonds and drills that a woman shouldn't have to buy herself. :) So, anyway, my daddy got me a drill so I could put together the bunk bed we designed and built.

I got all put together and then I got to paint it. The purple we got is the brightest purple you can imagine! I was going to try to show you a sample but if your screen colors are different than mine it wouldn't work. So try this instead. Picture in your mind a bunk bed. Now make it the brightest purple you can imagine painting a bunk bed. Now make it brighter. Brighter. Brighter still. OK, that's probably it right there. It's almost magenta. The kids like it. And the whiteboard on the back turned out really well.

It's taller than I pictured so I had to fudge some side rails on the top for tonight so Kathrynn doesn't fall to her death. Eventually I will replace those with something better. I wish I could just shorten the whole thing by a foot! But I don't have a saw. Hmmm.... hey! who wants to buy me a saw?? ;)

The kids have been telling me since 8:00 that it was 'Way past our bedtime'. So they could go to bed in the new bunk bed. You have to understand of course that my kids generally go to bed at about 1am these days. LOL At 10:00 I conceded and helped them into their jammies. They climbed into bed at turned off the light. Five minutes later they're in the kitchen playing again. LOL Oh well

I bought a whole gallon of Brightest-Purple-on-the-planet paint. I didn't even use 10% of it. I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of it. I thought of painting the walls but they're not mine and it might not go over very well. :) I have a cheap ass bookcase I was thinking of painting as well but that will take practically no paint at all. SO I will still be left with most of a gallon of paint. Any great ideas?


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?