<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

Blatantly Stereotypical Philosophical Ramblings 

Dawn and I went out yarn shopping today. It totally sucked! LOL Just kidding! Well, not really, actually it did kind of suck because I only had like an hour to spend with her before I was supposed to go to (stupid)LOTR with my (stupid) husband. So I had to rush Dawn through yarn, which I think is something you shouldn't do. :( And THEN we didn't even go to the movie because it was sold out! >:( grrrrr

While out with Dawn we were talking about my nephew who is 6 and has taken up drawing detailed diagrams of various military weaponry (guns) which is driving my already frazzled sister crazy with worry. :) I told here there wasn't anything to worry about. That from my own childhood this is a stage that many (most?) boys go through. Girls draw horses, boys draw guns. It's as natural as breathing. Dawn pointed out to me that she never drew horses. And I admitted that I didn't either. Turns out we both spent disproportionate amounts of time pining over boys from a very young age though. And writing in journals about our infatuations.

So then I came up with deep bit of philosophy for the day.

There are four kids of people in this world.

Boys who draw detailed pictures of machinery.

Girls who draw pictures of horses.

Girls who journal about pining away for boys.

Boys who journal about pining away... for boys.

You all know it's true!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?