<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

My Heart of Steal 

My friend came by today to show off her new baby. He's a cutie. He's one week and a day old, lots of black hair, tiny cutie, sweet little baby.

And here I sit hours later, still not pregnant.

There's a term for that feeling women get around a newborn baby. Babylust. I've had babylust with a vengeance my whole life. But today I guess I have reached a new level in life. I guess I'm baby frigid. I just don't want one.

I thought I might. I put off seeing the new baby for a week and a day knowing that when I did my resolve would vanish and I would rush in to the midwife the next afternoon and demand that she remove my IUD. I surprised even myself today.

He was an adorable baby, didn't really cry, barfed on me a bit, I admired him, smelled his little head and got that familiar cramp in my shoulder from holding him for a long long time.

And still no overwhelming urge to procreate.

When it was time for them to go I happily handed him back to his mother with nary a pang to speak of.

Wow! Now I know how men must feel.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?