<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 28, 2003

PARTY!! 

I went to M'Ellen's party last night. I have to say it definitely cured me of my longing to move to a place where I don't know anyone.

I guess I can't even fool myself into thinking that I am outgoing. The truth is I'm SO NOT outgoing. LOL When faced with a crowded kitchen full of people I don't know, my first instinct is to run and play with the kids in the kidroom. :)

Maybe I'm just not a grown up yet.

I felt bad. I felt like I should be talking to other people besides Dawn. But I like Dawn and other people are scary. I think part of it is the whole not being able to hear people thing. It's hard to carry on a conversation with someone you don't know when you can barely hear them and are never quite sure if you heard them right. I find myself nodding and smiling a lot which serves well until they ask a question and you don't answer it. Then they think you're just rude. Damn my failing ears!

I will give M'Ellen props though for being an excellent hostess! She worked that crowed like no one I've ever seen. She even managed to engage my husband in conversation. I was quite impressed! And then as a thank you for her kindness he spilled red wine on her white carpet! I've never been so embarrassed!

As an extra bonus she had cool toys! I think part of the reason for keeping to the living room was all the toys were in there! :) I highly recommend M'Ellen's house for partying!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?