<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Random! 

Well, I'm sick AGAIN! It's got to be karma that I'm going to be sick for Christmas.

I don't have cold medicine so I'm making do with lots of alcohol. It tastes better anyway. :) I've been drinking Sex on the Beaches and Screwdrivers since they have orange juice in them and we all know orange Juice is exactly what you need when you're sick. LOL Oh and a little bit of Pepsi and Malibu because... well because I'm sure the Pepsi is good for a cold as well. ;) Needless to say I'm barely feeling the effects of my cold anymore.

Shawn and I were looking at the map at dinner (see the maps over the table have paid off) and discussing how damn big Alaska is. It's damn big! Now, I realize some of that is just the way the map is drawn because it's a flat map and they have to distort the northern parts because of the longitudinal lines but it's still damn big. I need a globe for better comparison.

Anyway, we were discussing Alaska. Shawn's Dad and Sister live up there. I've always said I would like to live up there. Well, as much as anywhere that's not here. So he says he's considering doing that get rich quick working on a fishing boat thing. His sister did that the first year I knew her. I suppose it's an option. :) I'd get to be single several months out of the year. WOOT! I don't think he was serious but I would like to think of this unemployment thing as a chance to make BIG changes instead of falling right back into the same routine we were in with another stupid job that's not going to get us anywhere but right here for 5 (10, 20) more years.

I would like to move far away. Someplace fresh and new. I don't know if I'm fooling myself or if I would really like that. I'm not the most outgoing person and I have a hard time making new friends. So I'm not sure why I think moving someplace completely foreign would be a good idea. Except that it might make it easier to depend on my husband as a friend more. Which could be good or bad I suppose. But it's just never been like that for us.

I'm really babbling! Too much 'cold medicine' I think. ;)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?