<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Tooting My Own Horn 

Since tomorrow is finally payday we had our final night of eat-whatever-we-can-find-in-the-fridge-so-we-don't-have-to-bounce-a-check. Tonight we had Turkey dinner.

We got this 22 lb turkey from Shawn's (ex)employer for Thanksgiving but had Thanksgiving with my family so we didn't use it. Since we've decided to do Korean food for Christmas I was left with either using the Turkey for a non holiday or looking at long term storage of this enormous bird in my tiny freezer for the next 11 months. Since I knew food and money were going to be tight I did the right thing and put it in the fridge to defrost for 5 days!!

Anyway, I have made turkey on my own exactly 3 times and every time it's absolutely delicious. My husband even commented that I make the BEST turkey he's ever had. And my husband rarely compliments food with actual words. So this is a big deal.

I don't understand why my turkeys always come out so good. I'm really not much of a cook. I have zero talent for kitchen matters. But turkeys just love me. Even the year that the turkey was slightly underdone (didn't allow enough time for defrosting) it was still succulent and delicious, and no one died. The outside was cooked fine and that was the part we ate. We didn't even realize it was underdone until we went to carve off the leftovers and nicked a bloody bone.

So tonight my gravy was too thin, and the potatoes were too spicy, my husband is out of work and Christmas is only days away, but by god that turkey was one of the best ever and at 22 lbs we should be in sandwiches for WEEKS!! :)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?