<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 01, 2004

The Evil Video Game Beast Within. 

When I was a kid I was fairly enamored with video games. Specifically Nintendo. I even remember spending all of my lunch (1/2) hour in Jr.High playing Pole Position in the cafeteria at Carmichael. :-)

In the early years of my cohabitation and marriage with Shawn we would spend many a bloody hour playing James Bond Golden Eye on our Nintendo 64. I could kick some ass on that game too.

Then Kathrynn was born. At first it didn't bother me. But I eventually realized I was too obsessive about playing the game. Freaking out when my toddler toddled in front of the TV or inadvertently pulled a controller cord from it's plug.

I had to stop and look at myself and realize that it wasn't a good thing when I played games. So for the last several years I've pretty much tried to stay game free. I would play a little bit here or there but not allow myself to get too involved emotionally because I know how addictive it can be for me.

Then the other day I was at Dawns' and we played some Nintendo Gamecube racing game. The demon has been released!

I've been playing Zapper at home now. Zapper is about the only 'fun' game we have for our (stupid) XBOX. I've played it here and there. We bought it originally thinking the kids might enjoy it. And they do somewhat. But for the last few days (being sick and not going out much) I've been playing it and playing it. Not only trying to pass the levels but to do each level PERFECTLY. It's added a whole new facet to the game. It's hard. It's addictive. It makes me growl, and stomp, and all but throw the damn controller through the TV screen. This is exactly why I stopped playing in the first place. But now I must finish the game!!

So if I never blog again because I'm too busy yelling at my TV, blame Dawn.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?