<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 12, 2004

How Fucked Up Is This? 

To insure that I would be up in time for my damn early 8am appointment with DSHS I set my alarm clock for 6:51. Now when you consider that I usually get up at 11am this is DAMN DAMN early. In fact if I were able to roll out of bed already dressed and showered and magically appear at the DSHS office right at 8am it would sill be TOO DAMN EARLY!!

But I digress. I set my alarm clock for 6:51 and in the uncanny way that I do when I'm stressed about something I woke this morning at 6:45 and was able to turn off the alarm before waking up Kathrynn who was sleeping next to me.

I bounded out of bed (yes, I did) and headed to the shower. I will admit that although it was damn early it was almost worth it because I had a shower completely devoid of interruptions. That hasn't happened in 6 long years. ; ) After my shower I got dressed and came into the living room to wait for my lovely sister, who volunteered (with only a minimum of guilt involved) to give me a ride to my appointment. I take back all the bad things I've said about her lately. She's a wonderful person. I can always count on her to treat me like a child and lucky for me driving from Richland to pick me up and take me to my appointment fits that bill. : )

So in the living room I glance up at the clock and it says 6:05!!??!! Is my shower a time warp? Can I turn back time by merely stepping into my shower? More likely the battery in the clock in the living room has gotten old and the time is running slow. That seems logical. The alarm clock in the bedroom plugs into the wall so surely it's not inaccurate. Just to be sure I didn't totally misread the time I get up and go check the time in my room. 7:06. So barring a time zone change someplace in the hallway something is definitely up. But these are the only two clocks in the house.

Then an idea hits me and I sit down at my computer. The clock on the computer is never wrong. The clock on the computer magically keeps time even when it's turned off. I don't know how this works but the clock in the computer is my best friend! Well, it was until I sit down and it says 6:07!!!!

What the hell???? Apparently somehow last night while setting the alarm clock I managed to turn the clock back an hour. I don't even see how it's possible, but somehow I did it. See, in setting my clock there's only one button and time only goes FORWARD when you push the button. There's no way to turn it back. Only forward. I would have to have set it foreword 23 hours!! I think I would remember doing that!!

So now it's 7am. I've been up for over an hour. I want to go back to bed! : (


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?