<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

My Headache: Day 5 

Ow ow ow ow ow!!

I have a headache! Not really a headache so much as seething sinus pain!

Here's a brief history. A while back I was starting to come down with some sort of snotty virus thing. Right before I got fullblown sick with it I noticed some alarming swelling behind my right ear. Swelling tenderness and pain when I tried to open my mouth wide for eating. Oddly, once I got all the way sick this swelling went away.

Then I got better and the swelling has started coming back. Plus the whole side of my face is in pain. Concentrated specifically on my cheekbone. It hurts most when I bend over or look down. Advil has had no effect. Neither has Allegra or Sudafed.

It seems to be less painful in the mornings and get worse and worse as the day goes on.

Dawn says it's a tumor. If so I will probably die soon.

My mom, the nurse, says it's a massive sinus infection and that I need to see a doctor and get on antibiotics. She says if I don't then it might lead to hearing loss (well, more hearing loss, as that's the side where I already have 30% hearing loss) or meningitis (death).

My other thought is that I have a top tooth in that same vicinity who's mate on the bottom was removed some time ago. Because the tooth has nothing to oppose it it's growing out at a really bad angle. Maybe that's the problem. Doubt it though.

But doctors cost money. And I have no money. Antibiotics cost money, and again NO MONEY! It's damn near impossible to get medical coverage from the state as a non-pregnant adult. I guess my only option is to get pregnant?

Actually my mom has offered to pay the $68 for me to go to the Kenia Clinic but I know in the end it will end up costing her way more money than she has. $68 is just the visit and doesn't include any tests they might have to do or the antibiotics themselves.

Stupid, stupid, stupid headache!!!!




Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?