<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Putting it to a vote. 

I need some input here. A consensus, perhaps.

I've gotten really good at ignoring the fact that my husband doesn't do housework. I mean, I bitch about it occasionally but it doesn't really bother me.

Even now that he's unemployed it doesn't really bother me. I haven't been doing any housework either because I've been sick.

Today I was on the phone with my sister. I was cleaning the livingroom (finally) while I talked to her. I was graphically describing the mess.

"Why did you let it get so messy?" she asks

"Well, I've been sick and I haven't really been able to clean."

"But your husband has been home, why didn't he do it?"

"Hahahahaha! Shawn doesn't clean. Ever."

"That's bullshit."

Ok, I admit it IS bullshit. At least it sure seams like bullshit doesn't it? But I know he doesn't clean, I don't expect him to clean so it's rarely an issue except from the outsider's perspective.

I got to thinking and couldn't think of another man that I know, married or single, who does less housework than Shawn. And I got a little angry. But then I realize he could easily say the same thing about me. I don't know another woman who does less housework than I do. LOL It's true. So I can't exactly get on his case when I hardly do anything myself can I?

Or maybe I'm just fatalistic.

So I'm asking for opinions here. What do YOU think? Should he do more? Is it a given in this day and age that a husband SHOULD be able to, lets say, feed himself and do laundry, if the wife is otherwise not around? Or. If it doesn't really bother the two people in the marriage should it be ok for a husband to act more like an extra 8 year old?


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?