<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Bless me father... 

We had a pot-luck dinner at my parents tonight sort of bring your own barbecue meet and a salad. Yesterday was Dad's birthday and apparently going bowling and having dinner on Friday just wasn't enough. Shawn chose to skip it because he had an important online gaming match.

Kathrynn and I made an apple pie and a pasta salad and we took hotdogs. The 'dinner' was at 3. We ate about 4:15. I don't know why we continue to do this. I think everyone would just be better off if we got together two families at a time but there were a total of 19 people there!

I might be just oversensitive because I'm the youngest or it might be because I am the youngest that everyone feels the need to pick on me! Lets see how many sins did I commit...

******

Well for starters I *allowed* my husband to skip the event. Apparently a last minute gathering with his inlaws should hold priority over leading his online team into a battle that has been planned for over a week.

I allowed my daughter to wear a dress and dress-up Barbie shoes even though I knew it was going to be outside.

I ate some Cheetos (which were sitting on the counter with all the other food) without asking.

My car is making a funny noise. My dad just sold me this car and apparently for the whole time he owned it it was a perfect machine but since I've been using it's just turning into a piece of crap and if I don't make my husband get off his ass and talk to someone about getting it fixed it's going to be a worthless piece of shit!

I also apparently schemed to get my brother-in-law and my brother out to look at the car at the exact moment my dad needed their help setting up the tables. Sneaky of me, no?

I offended my sister by having the gall to ask my dad to make me some of the hotdogs I brought for me instead of just cooking the turkey ones.

I gave my son milk while everyone else was having pop.

I let my son have three glasses of pop (they were only half full) at dinner and he spilled the last one on the concrete patio and my dad freaked out that it was going to stain!

I let my daughter have seconds on mac&cheese and baked beans even though she still had 2 bites left of her hotdog.

My daughter allegedly said Bitch but I think she was misheard but apparently because I do *allow* her to say Dammit everything she says is now misconstrued as cussing.

My son is still wearing diapers.

I took him to get a haircut on the way there and he walked out uncut. Because I'm a bad mom.

My daughter told my mother that she's "not the boss of her".

My kids didn't wear socks.

I homeschool.

I don't use a curriculum.

I don't do the 'homeschool program' offered by the public schools.

My kids are going to end up "21 with their thumb up their ass going 'Doy-e-oh" - Dad

My son needs to be socialized Now!

My son slammed the back door.

Later he was practicing closing it gently, over and over, apparently this is as bad or worse than slamming it.

*******

As I said, I may just be oversensitive but one can only handle so much judgment in an evening. And I'm exhausted!






Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?