<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 16, 2004

V-Day Revisited 

So Valentine's Day has come and gone. I did end up getting candy for my husband because I was at Safeway at 10pm on Valentine's Day and they still had a big Reeses Peanut Butter Heart. So I got that and a little I Love You cake from the bakery. He ate some of both so I guess if we were cromagnon that would be a sign that he accepted my love, or something.

I told him about my last post and reintroduced my argument that I was mislead by him about his romantic abilities. See, before we were married he would tell me how romantic he had been with other women in the past. Not talking sex here people, talking actual heart melting romance like cleaning a single mom's kitchen and buying elaborate gifts of jewelry. He admitted he was probably more romantic during 'the chase' than he has been with me. And since there was never any chase with me I guess I forfeited my rights to romance. Kind the whole milk/cow analogy at play there. Why incorporate elaborate romantic schemes when she's already moved in and started making sure all the bills get paid after only dating for 2 weeks. Wow he sure got this cow for free!!!

He also pointed out in his own defense that he does buy me jewelry, but that I always get mad at him for it. Ok, he has a point there. I have diamonds, pearls, ruby's, sapphires, and gold. So yes he does buy me things. He just does it WRONG!!! To employ another cheesy cliche. It's the thought that counts. Or in his case it's the LACK of thought that counts. He'll go out the day of a jewelry giving holiday. When we have no money for doing such a thing and buy me a gift of jewelry that we can't afford and then come home apologizing. I guess I feel robbed because if he thought in advance and was a little sneaky and managed to do it all without me knowing or having to pay for it later by not being able to buy food... You'd think if the man can sneak around and have an affair he should certainly be able to sneak around to plan something nice for his wife!!

Maybe I expect too much.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?