<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Haircut 

I was supposed to go to the park with Dawn and some other homeschoolers today. But did you see the wind? I did. And I guess that's my point. It's times like these that make you realize that the Tri-Cities really is just a vast grey bowl full of blowing dust.

I did end up going to McDonald's though and meeting Mary Ellen there. She loaned me a tape I've been wanting to hear for a while and we talked. It was fun. Kathrynn knows Jackie by name now and will love her forever because she traded her purple Clickit's piece for Kathrynn's blue one. :-)

I also got a haircut today. I didn't plan it at all. I was out of the house this morning for an appointment at the DSHS office. And on the way home I thought "I should get a haircut" so I did.

I stopped at Heavenly Hair. Which is where my mom and sister both go. I went there once before. I'd have to say it was probably almost a year ago now. Betty, who did my hair there last time was there. She recognized me, said hi, mentioned that my mom had been in the day before, asked about the kids, asked about Shawn, asked if he was still wearing his hair long (she's never met him!). I was amazed. I wouldn't feel that confident asking stuff like that of someone I met last week much less a year ago! I always assumed that hairdressers just asked questions like that to help people feel more comfortable during the haircut. I never assumed they retained ANY of it. I know I sure wouldn't!

But Betty didn't cut my hair her husband Kevin did. He was nice. He had several foils in the front of his head while he was cutting my hair (apparently he was lightening the front) If it weren't for Betty's little baby belly I would so swear he was gay. Maybe it's a stereotype. You know male hairdresser = gay. But he totally talks the talk and walks the walk, LITERALLY!!

As for the haircut, I don't know. I asked for short. He cut it short. Probably shorter than most anyone reading this (except Dawn and Anna) have ever seen. But it feels like it's too long on top. And the bangs are right in my eyes which is annoying. I always hope that having short hair will help me feel younger and hipper, but it makes me feel like I looks like a 12 year old boy. Which is kinda not the younger and hipper I was going for. :(

But Shawn even said he liked it. I think he was just being nice. Because he doesn't like short hair on women. He had one complaint though that there wasn't enough there to grab... I don't think I'll elaborate there. ;-)

Here's a crappy picture...



There's a before and after shot for you in case you don't notice the difference. You'll notice they did not remove my Kathrynn shaped growth (She's such a ham, always has to be around when the webcam is hooked up). And while I don't look happy at all in either shot the after shot is, at least, less sad, right?

I will try for a better one tomorrow in the daylight since my camera has no flash and my house is apparently dark as a tomb judging by the webcam shots! :)


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?