<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

The Skirt 

Kathrynn has decided that she will only wear skirts and dresses these days. Not only does she only want to wear them but she apparently wants to convert others as well. Each day she asks me if I'm going to wear a dress, the answer is ALWAYS no! And yesterday Aiden wore a dress for a good part of the day. I've purchased her a few dresses lately because we were all getting pretty tired of the graying purple atrocity she was trying to wear each day.

The problem is she has a LOT of shirts but very few skirts. And the skirts she does have are specific and only go with a limited number of tops. Not that this stands in HER way mind you. In fact yesterday she spent much of the day in a white top with purple butterfly printing matched with a khaki skirt with pink/white candy stripe trim. It was a glory to behold.

Yesterday we made a trip to the fabric store. I found the perfect fabric to go with the white and purple top and made a skirt and 'doo-rag' for her. Thus solving half of the problem. I also went to Value Village hoping to find a plain denim skirt. Not a mini skirt but a nice elastic wasted 'jean equivalent' for the child who won't wear pants. But there were none. They were all super short mini skirts which doesn't fit with her tree climbing profile. I guess I will have to make some myself.

Back at the fabric store I also bought a VERY simple dress pattern and let Kathrynn pick out any fabric she wanted. She came away with a pink Eastery number with butterflies and flowers and stuff. Definitely not something I would have chosen. Not even something I would have chosen FOR HER, but it's cute and will increase the number of dresses which is a good thing.

Oh here's a pic of my handiwork...




Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?