<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

The SLOW Fast 

Kathrynn is having Dental Surgery this morning at 11:30. I was looking over the pre-op paper work last night to be sure I understood everything and I came across this instruction...

"DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything (including water) after midnight on the night before your child's surgery."

I think this definitely wins the 'Most Poorly Structured Sentence' award! So apparently not only is Kathrynn supposed to fast before her surgery but I am as well? That's what it says. It says not to eat before my child's surgery. God, talk about controlling doctors!! I was feeling pretty confident about the whole procedure but if they can't even carry one subject through a short sentence how on earth can I trust them to competently perform surgery on my kid?

I'm tempted to ask when I get there if I'm allowed to eat yet. And then point out their error.

On the legitimately sucky side though Kathrynn is supposed to not eat from midnight until after her surgery which isn't until 11:30. The last time she DID actually eat was at 9 last night (who eats at midnight?). I'm not sure how long her surgery will actually be but we're looking at a good 17 hours (at least) before she's allowed to eat and then when she's finally able to, and starving I'm sure, she will have to contend with 7 missing teeth!!! :-( Poor baby! Damn rotten teeth!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?