<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Book Report 

I read a book. No, really, a cheesy, fictional, romance novel.

I was at Safeway and I was browsing the cheesy romance novels. This is not something I usually do, ever. But I was on a rare break from my kids and was trying to milk every minute I could from this shopping trip. All the romance novels looked pretty stupid. I looked a few over and at the very end I found The Ride to Dinah's Wedding by Ann Kline . It was the prettiest shade of green and the cover didn't have Fabio and a buxom blond on it. Instead it had a cartoon graphic of a bunch of people in a truck.

So on a whim I bought it. I thought 'Hey, just a cheap little book to pass some time with.' I didn't realize until AFTER I got home that it was $6!! Not that it's going to break the bank but if I had known I wouldn't have bought it.

It was good though. Cute. But I got all the way through and realized there was no sex! There were several semi-graphic dream sequences and one near sex scene. But no actual sex. No heaving milky white breasts or large throbbing members. I was surprised.

What it did have though was a pretty predictably happy ending and some nice kissing scene. Oh, and predictably stupid characters who did dumb things that are clear to the reader that they shouldn't do.

I picked up another book at Hastings yesterday. It's called Flowers for Mei-Ling by Lorraine Lachs. I thought it was more of a historical novel but so far it is mostly sex. Well and history too. But lots of sex. :-) And it's confusing! Each chapter is sort of a glimpse at different times in Mei-Ling's life. And it doesn't follow chronological order. So far though it's a good read. It's a big hardcover book and I got it for $2. A much better deal than the other book. Maybe. We'll see how the story ends.

I'm off to read now in fact so ta-ta.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?