<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Then Again Maybe Not 

Friday my sister generously took Kathrynn to see Homeward Bound with her girls, in the theatre.

Upon bringing her home she said. "I would rather take ALL of my kids and ALL of their friends to a movie than take Kathrynn". Apparently Kathrynn did everything 'in the world' that she could to require my sister to say "Kathrynn!" Hundreds of times.

Her biggest complaint is that "If Kathrynn is going to wear just dresses all the time she needs to learn to act like a 'lady' in them"

Blech!

It's that very idea that makes me SO adverse to wearing dresses. All those years of shaming and reprimand made me HATE them.

Yes, Kathrynn wears dresses all the time, I don't feel like she should be PUNISHED for it. So what if her underwear show when she's hanging upside down at the park. She's 5!!! It's not like she's NOT wearing underwear! Isn't that the point of underwear? To cover your ass? Why do the underwear have to be covered as well?

According to my sister I'm intentionally doing all I can to make Kathrynn as unable to fit into society as possible!! LOL

Sorry, not all of us are willing to shame our kids for acting like kids so that they can grow up and be neurotic members of 'society'.

She actually said to me "She doesn't even know what 'I see London' means!". Oh the shame of it, the horror! My POOR unsocialized daughter has never been taunted and teased for having her underwear showing. How will she ever survive. May as well just plan for her to live here with me until she's 40!

She also said she caught HER daughter and another niece on the trampoline playing 'doctor'. That Kathrynn WASN'T doing it but she was sure that she had something to do with it.

Oh, also Kathrynn apparently told her girls that boys can kiss (each other) and a debate ensued. I had a good laugh about that but my sister said (with a totally straight face) that they shouldn't have to know about such questionable things at their age. (How big can I roll my eyes??).

Sometimes I can't believe we're half related!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?