<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 16, 2004

A Full Day of Nothing 

Yesterday started off with No plans. Shawn came home from work and said "Hey, we should go fishing." (possibly not an exact quote) and told me to wake the children from their quiet slumber to get an early start on fishing. By the time I had the kids up and ready SHAWN had fallen asleep in their bed and was unwakable! So I decided to go to plan B and take the kids to the Playground of Dreams. Kathrynn wanted to invite her cousins so I called my sister and invited them along.

Before I left for the park Keith called and invited us to a small barbecue in his honor at the park (he FINALLY graduated!! YEAH!!). The day was just getting fuller and fuller.

At the park we noticed that the little train was running. Well, 'noticed' might be understating things as Aiden refused to budge from next to the train until I was convinced that riding it was mandatory! Lucky for us all I was able to scrounge $0.75 out of my purse. The train is fun. Although it gives me heart attacks. There's just something about having 2 kids who seem to want to jump off the train and have themselves crushed repeatedly by ALL of the wheels that freaks me out. I become a banshee I recommend NOT riding that train with me and my kids.

Can I make a public complaint here? Of course I can, It's MY BLOG!! I HATE automatic flushing toilets in public restrooms. For some reason they are made in such a way that when a small child is sitting on them and leans foreword even a half inch they flush. And when these things flush it's with tsunami force and just as loud! Aiden is a sensitive child as it is. He hats being in the bathroom as it is because everything in there echoes so damn much and then mid pee the thing flushes! So much for using that restroom EVER again!

We played at the park for a bit. It's rebuilt nicely with more features for littler kids, which was a big hit with my littler kids. :)

Then we ran home and got Shawn to go to Keith's BBQ. It was mostly Keith's family with his father at the grill. And that man can GRILL!! I have never in my life had a burger quite that thick! I'm serious here people the thing had to me almost 2 inches at the center! And I was amazed that it was actually done in the center and not charred to a crisp on the outside. That's something I can't even accomplish with those performed frozen patties you buy at the store! As I said Master Grill Chef! Go, Keith's Dad!

At the BBQ I mostly hung out with Dawn and CV. Those two crack me up. Mostly because I don't understand half of what they are talking about. It's like they speak a whole other language sometimes and I am left to try to figure it out from their body language. But it's fun anyway. I found out that they were going to Mean Girls together later and I invited myself along. I was thinking about it later and in my head They invited ME but when I closely review the tapes it's clear that no, I invited myself. Oh well. It's not like they were going to make out through the movie or anything (they're brother and sister, you know).

The movie was great. Very funny. I love knowing almost nothing about a movie before I see it. I had pretty much no idea about the actual plot of the movie. That was cool. I recommend everyone see the movie. I particularly recommend that M'Ellon take Lisa to see it (the main character was homeschooled until she was 16, and then goes into high school). Assuming she wants to and wouldn't get really offended by the constant use of the words slut and whore. Other than that I didn't think the language was all that bad. Of course I'm also really good at overlooking things like that, so what do I know?

Here's my confession. Before the movie there are previews of a bunch of other teen girl movies. I want to see them ALL!! Particularly A Cinderella Story with Hillary Duff. Sometimes I think I might still be 14. Of course when I was 14 Hillary Duff was probably still in diapers... Also Sponge Bob Square Pants the MOVIE!! Must See! And *cringe* the one with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson who I HATE (mostly because they look like creepy zombified slutty children in all the photos I see around.) But their new Movie looks kinda good. I'd watch it anyway. I'd be more interested if it weren't them of course.

My conclusion is I just really like movies. And people who make previews know how to mold me like putty.

After the movie I want home. I realized then that I had spent more time out of the house than in it that day. I went to bed early, I was exhausted!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?