<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Moving 

So it's all signed and official. We're moving the 22nd!. The problem though is I don't feel any motivation to pack and move. Mostly I just want to take my bed and a few articles of clothing and leave everything else behind! LOL While trying to unpack all of the crap in the bottom of my closet I came across a box of notes from Jr High.

My friend Rodney (love of my life at the time) went to Hanford and I went to Carmichael. But we passed notes every day. :) My friend Sara had orchestra with Rodney at the highschool early in the morning. So we had a little empty film canister that we would send notes back and forth between schools in. It was pretty inventive if I do say so myself. So anyway I found a large stash of these notes and a whole box of crap Rodney had given me in the 5 or so years I spent ga-ga over him. There was a small box of his hair, gum we had shared, empty Clearly Canadian bottles, and empty thing of deodorant. A GIANT New Kids On The Block Button... etc. I thought about tossing it all. I recovered from my crush on Rodney in 10th grade and have hardly looked back. He didn't even make it to my wedding (which I took very personally) but his mom did. Last I heard he was living in Seattle and doing well. Presuming he's openly gay by now.

So maybe it's time to get rid of his crap. I thought seriously about just dumping it all. But I couldn't. It's just one more thing to move. Just one small trunk. I thought about going through it piece by piece and getting rid of the things that didn't make sense (why do I need 4 Clearly Canadian bottles when one would probably suffice?) or the things that are just gross (um, hair? used deodorant? GUM!). But I couldn't even bring myself to do that. I'm hopelessly nostalgic.

In another trunk I found a plastic grocery bag tied shut I opened it and found the garbage from my purse and Shawn's wallet back before we were married. This SHOULD have been trashed in 1997 but now it's like a time capsule. I couldn't throw it out! Going through my closet is like an archeological dig. It's like finding fossilized Dinosaur poop! It's not just shit anymore!

Ok I know I need help! Good psychological help. :)


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?