<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Edu.Mat.Fair 

That's what it said on my calendar today. It's my horrible abbreviation for the Used Educational Materials Fair I attended today. My mom gave me $40 to spend and I did. All but the last dollar. I would have spent that too but one lady 'accidentally' gave me the wrong change. Instead of a quarter, 2 dimes and a nickel she gave me a quarter ONE dime, a nickel and a penny! The bitch! Scammin' me out of 9 cents!!! Grrr... I could have spent the other 75 cent. I could have easily. But I had SO MUCH STUFF already that I decided not to be a glutton.

Hard to say what the best buy of the day was. The first box of Bob books for a dollar, A large talking 'Scoop' toy with Bob the builder for a dollar, a double set of pattern blocks with the sheets to use with them for seven dollars, Or the flying blades of death for only 25 cents!

I can't believe they can even sell these toys in this country! They're like helicopter blades on a straw and when you rub them between your hands they fly. They are way cool. Dave got one and my kids loved it so when I saw them on a table for only a quarter I had to get some. But I think Dave's is higher quality because I don't remember it being quite so sharp! These things have serrated edges I swear! and because kids are short they always seem to be flying them directly into my face. Ahh the joy.

By my calculations the U.E.M.Fair was a huge success. I hope the people who sold stuff thought so because they definitely need to do that every year. :)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?