<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 13, 2004

E.R. 

Unfortunately not just the T.V. show. :-(

Last night I broke down and took Aiden to the E.R. I tried to avoid it but his temp was 104.8 and the kid had a febrile seizure when he was 1. They had to give him Tylenol suppositories to bring his fever down. Which he didn't like one bit.

I got a long lecture from the doctor about how I'm THE MOM and need to make him take medicine even when he doesn't want to. Apparently she doesn't understand the magnitude of Aiden. She also lectured me more than anyone ever has about not vaccinating.

The nice male nurse asked me if he would take chewables. I said he could try but that I have never been able to get him to take them. So he explained to Aiden that if he didn't want more medicine in his butt he would have to eat the pills. And Aiden ate all three perfectly willingly. Made me feel like a big dork!

But his fever went down and he was a whole different kid. We walked out les than two hours after we came in and Aiden thanked everyone on the way out.

All's well that ends well I guess. :-)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?