<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Lasagna 

I made lasagna tonight. I don't make lasagna. In fact I'm pretty sure that this is the only time I have EVER made lasagna. Because lasagna is a big production and if it takes more than two steps or one hour I DO NOT make it.

But I had lasagna noodles and there isn't a whole lot to do with them but make lasagna and I found out that supposedly you can make lasagna in the crock pot. SO I figured I would try it. If it turned out good I could put it up on the Cheap Ass Gourmet.

You may notice it's not there.

It was NASTY!!

I guess it got cooked too long. But I only cooked it 6 hours and the recipes online all said 6-8 hours. But the noodles were like snot. Slimy globs of snot. The flavor wasn't bad but the texture, OH MY GOD!

Some of the recipes online called for the special no-boil noodles but others didn't. Maybe that was my error. Maybe it was a given to use those noodles and I just didn't catch it. Something was definitely WRONG!

Shawn and I choked ours down and the kids had some cold chicken from the fridge instead.

Oh well. Sometimes you have to lose I guess.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?