<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A Pox on My House 

The kids and I decided to make yet another sojourn to the mini-pool at Howard Amon Park today. It was sweltering and 16 inches of urine-contaminated water seemed like the perfect solution.

We bypassed the big play structure and went straight for the pool, which was damn crowded. I slathered some sunscreen on Kathrynn and sent her on her way to the pool then I convinced Aiden he too needed sunscreen. I lifted off his shirt and what did I find?

SPOTS!

Lots of spots. All over his chest. I put his shirt back on and had to pull Kathrynn out of the pool after only about 5 minutes because I felt morally obligated not to pass Chicken Pox on to all the little kids playing there.

I'm not actually 100% certain that it is in fact chicken pox. But as the evening has progressed and more and more have surfaced I'm becoming increasingly convinced.

I HOPE it's chicken pox! That would be one less 'extremely dangerous, life threatening, vaccine preventable' disease for my pediatrician to harass me about at our upcoming 4-year check-up.

He hasn't had a fever today and he seems fine. He's barely even itching. But after a very lengthy internet search (don't you love the internet?) I'm pretty sure it's either chicken pox or some other random viral thing. I know what it's NOT. It's not measles, it's not small pox, it's not scabies, and it's not molluscum.

I don't know what this means for my get-together this weekend. I'm assuming most people have a) had it, b) been vaccinated against it, or c) would prefer to be exposed to it. So I will probably still have the BBQ and just assume people won't come if they don't want the exposure. That is unless Aiden is miserable.





Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?