<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

WIC: The Return 

I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath to hear how our rescheduled WIC appointment went.

It was better. I talked to them ahead of time and told them we would come in early and just hang out for a bit. And that if we could have a couple minutes alone in the room before the lady came back that might help.

As it worked out we didn't get there as early as I had hoped and Aiden really didn't want to go in the building. But the lady (Ann, maybe, or some Ann variation perhaps like Anne, Annie, or something) was nice and helpful. She came out and read books with Aiden a little before hand. She let us do the computer questions instead of taking him right back and weighing him. She let me hold him in my arms and get weighed and then subtracted me, which the other worker on Friday had told me they couldn't do. She didn't bother with the height, and she did prick his toe and make him cry but then she let him go watch a movie in the lobby and not be around her anymore.

She didn't bat an eye that he wasn't vaccinated. Which really did surprise me. And in the end we got our WIC checks so all was well. And the best news of all... we don't have to go back there for 2 more months!! And they don't have to weigh, or measure, or take his blood again until October (or November, I forget) maybe by then he will be older. ;-)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?