<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Breaking Up is Easy (sometimes) 

For the last six years I've been seeing this man. In the beginning it was something my sister conned me into even though I had misgivings and over the years I guess he just sort of grew on me.

It was about 2 years in to the relationship, I think, when I first wanted to call it quits. There were things he would say that would just piss me off. He had zero respect for me and said things that were so hurtful that normal people wouldn't put up with it. We had sort of a love hate relationship I guess. We agreed to disagree on a few things and other things I just kept from him.

The thing was he was always there when I REALLY needed him. And didn't bother me too much the rest of the time. I guess it's the old co-dependant in me that put up with all the crap for the few shining moments.

Plus there was the thought of finding someone else! That's a huge hurdle, one I wasn't ready to face at all. I guess I was just accepting what I had, worried that anything else might just end up being 10 times worse!

But on Thursday he dumped me. Dumped me for good. I knew it was coming. He'd actually told me the week before but then there was that one last phone call. Just that one last time. At first he pretended nothing had changed, although he was meaner than he had ever been before. Then, after a few extra snide remarks, he told me I would have to get what I needed from someone else from now on.

I wasn't sad at all. I was relieved, to be honest. And a little angry that I didn't have the guts to end it all myself 4 years ago.

So now the search begins for a new pediatrician, one that will accept us in spite of not vaccinating.

(What did you think I was talking about? ;-) )

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?