<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Day Two 

Holy God!  If there is anything more depressing than pondering my goals and accomplishments it's making a fucking resume!!  I was never any good at this before.  But now I feel totally inept.   It's frustrating because I have a lot of interests but none of them have ever played out into my work experience.  Not even volunteer work or anything interesting like that.

For instance there's a job in the paper for a production technician helping make radioactive isotope cancer drugs.  No experience necessary.  Awesome job!  I could totally do that.  I would really like it I think.  I've always been really interested in science particularly cutting edge medical science.  Ok, I may not always agree with the things they do but I am still way interested!  And I took 4 years of various sciences in highschool and more in college.  But other than an interest I have nothing to show them on a resume except my vast experience working at McDonald's and Fred Meyer.  I can wow them with my ability to make fries!

Even worse than the resume though is the cover letter.

Dear Scientist,

I noticed you have a job opening for a technician making cancer drugs.  Please note my unbroken run of minimum wage jobs on my resume and hire me.

*Sigh*

 




Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?