<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Surgery 

Well Shawn had his surgery and all went well.  I wasn't terribly impressed with his surgeon mostly because he didn't come and talk to me after the surgery.  But I called and left a message for him today and he called me back on his cell and talked to me, so I don't hate him.
 
This morning I found out that L&I denied the claim.  Can't say I'm surprised but I was sort of under the impression that they were going to accept it since they went ahead and did the surgery at the surgery center.  See, they told me that they were going to do the surgery at the hospital if the claim wasn't approved so we could get DSHS to cover it.  So when they scheduled it at the surgery center instead well, I just assumed.  Not to self: Don't Ever Assume!
 
Shawn has 2 pins in his last two fingers on his right hand.  They have to remain in the splint (which is really more like 1/2 of a cast than what I think of as a splint) for about 4 weeks and then the pins will be removed.  At that point my understanding is they will cast again for a short time.  But I guess that might not happen.  I sure love knowing what the hell is going on!!! 
 
After his surgery I had to go to two different pharmacies to find the drugs he needed.  This took longer than it should have and consequently when I finally got home he was doubled over in pain.  He says it's the worst pain he's ever had in his life!  I wish I were more sympathetic but having delivered a 10 lb 9 .6 oz baby at home without pain medication it's hard to not just look him in the eye and call him a big baby!  :)  I'm so mean! 
 


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?