<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Damn Cough 

Since I was already using up all of my precious gas driving out to the butt end of Kennewick for Aiden's doctor appointment today I decided to treat myself to a little visit to the Kania Clinic.

I've had this cough now for 3 weeks with no sign of improving (or getting worse for that matter). And it's starting to drain on me. The bottom of my tongue is raw from grating across my teeth! I hate that! So I figured I'd toughed it out long enough and was ready to take some sort of steps against the cough.

The doctor listened to my lungs and said I might have asthma. But first let's try Zithromax to see if it might not be bacterial.

Bacterial? Hello! I realize I only went to 1/2 of one quarter of nursing school but shouldn't antibiotics be a last resort not the first? Shouldn't you at least make note of the fact that I'm coughing up CLEAR mucus before you decide that any cough that comes walking into your office is bacterial??

Maybe I'm overreacting.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?