<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Hittin' the Slopes 

I've been doing too much snow boarding lately. My house is a disaster. Snowboarding? Did I just say snowboarding? Indeed I did. But it's August, you say. True. But there are no such things as seasons on my X-Box. I've been playing Amped. Which is a kick-ass virtual snowboarding game. If only I could somehow use my DDR pad to control it there might be some legitimate calories being burned. But the only thing getting a workout now is my thumbs.

The problem with this game is it builds a false sense of confidence. You all know next winter I'm going to think I know how to snowboard and I'm going to break my neck. It makes it look so easy.

The real dilemma though is that it's so much easier to come home after a long HOT day of looking for a job and plop myself down in front of the AC and hit the slopes than it is to, say, hit the dishes. I finally had to do some dishes tonight though. I purchased the stuff I needed to make this HUGE salad and there wasn't a single clean dish in the house. It's gotten so bad that my kids were bringing me bowls to pour milk in to drink (yes bringing it me at the couch were I was snowboarding. What? you think I would actually get up??).

I'm ranked 79th in the WORLD!!! Shawn is way back at 84th! It's not often that I'm better than him at something like this. So what if he has a broken arm that's in a cast? So what if it gets sore 20 minutes into the game. That should affect his SNOWBOARDING should it.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?