<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Nothing Like the Run Around 

Aiden is scheduled for dental surgery (wee fun) next month and he's supposed to have a physical before hand to assure that he's healthy.

Aiden just had a physical on the first of July but that's not good enough. It has to be within the 30 days right before the surgery. I don't know. Dumb rules.

The dentist assured me that having a second physical less than two months after the regularly scheduled one was in no way a bother to anyone or an extreme waste of time or the states money.

So in theory this should be as easy as calling the pediatrician and scheduling an appointment.

You may recall though that we are 'between pediatrician' right now as our old one dumped us and I have been dragging my feet on signing up with anyone else.

Last week on my day off I called a local walk in clinic and asked them if they did physicals. Indeed they did. And we would be happy to set up an appointment who is your insurance provider. Oh, we don't accept medical coupons. And we don't know of any doctors (in their right mind) who do. You might try some of the walk in centers in Kennewick or Pasco.

Well today I was off from work so I thought Hey, it's within 30 days and I'm home I should call the walk in place in Kennewick where we've been before and were pretty satisfied with their service.

Oh you DO accept medical coupons. But you don't do physicals???

So as a last ditch effort I tried La Clinica who I KNOW accepts medical coupons and does physicals. But alas they don't accept Molina and I don't want (or have time ) to change to Community Health Plan of Wa. *sigh*

I called Molina at their 1-800-NO-HUMANS number and finally found that if I had any other questions I could press '0' and be transferred to a human who could help. Instead I pressed '0' and was transferred back to the beginning of the message. Twice!

I called the 1-800-LONG-WAIT number on the medical coupon. Waited on hold for 12 minutes to talk to a woman who told me she couldn't help me but that I could call the 1-800-NO-HUMANS number and they should be able to help me there!!!

I called my mom and asked for recommendations. She gave me the name of her doctor but you guessed it they don't accept medical coupons.

She gave me the number of a really nice Dr. who used to work at La Clinica but has since branched out on his own. Called him and surprise, surprise he DOES accept medical coupons. But only open coupons which NO ONE HAS!! They are in the process of trying to contract with Molina but won't be for about 2 more weeks. Too long.

I remembered that when I first got my Molina Cards they had mistakenly switched my Dr from Dr. Wojnas to Dr. Wannarachu (or something vaguely like that). So out of desperation I called this mysterious doctor and found that he doesn't take medical coupons either!!! But oddly his partner Dr. Nazar does. So I asked the gentleman receptionist if I could set up a new patient appointment for my son. He said first I needed to call Molina at 1-800-NO-HUMANS to officially change my PCP (primary care provider) to Dr. Nazar. Then I could make an appointment.

So I did. I won't get the new cards listing Dr.Nazar for 2 weeks but I made the appointment for Friday. So there!!! :P

Gee that was simple!



Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?