<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

Come Have A Latte 

Don't you hate it when something hysterically funny happens but there's no one else there to see it? Is it even really funny then? Like the tree falling in the woods thing. I mean *I* was there. And it was funny to me. But I hardly count and it won't be nearly as funny when I retell it. It was sort of a 'you had to be there' moment. But without anyone there...

I was at work making myself a latte. I call it a latte only to be cool because truly it was hardly a latte at all as I'm not a huge coffee fan. It had only 1/2 a shot of espresso and several shots of flavor. See, I was bored and I decided I needed practice making lattes. Our latte machine has been down a LONG time and no one is really clear on how they are made. Luckily I worked at an espresso stand when I was 17 (holy shit that was 10 years ago!!) so somewhere I have that muscle memory.

Anyway, I knew I wanted caramel in my 'latte' because caramel is the absolute best and I had just opened a fresh bottle. A woman had come in shortly before wanting a latte with caramel. I had pored out the shot and a FLY came glugging out with the liquid. EWK! So I opened a new one. So with fresh caramel I was on my way to the best 'latte' ever.

I also wanted it to have chocolate or mocha to use the proper lingo. But the chocolate we have is in a big bottle without a pump and frankly it's a pain in the ass. I remembered that we had white chocolate syrup though and thought that might be good to try. I found it amid the others. White chocolate latte syrup always makes me giggle because it's sort of milky opaque white and a little think not at all unlike another milky white substance. Picking it up I noticed that some of it had settled to the bottom. So I did the logical thing. I shook it.

Unfortunately whoever had last used it had not replaced the lid tightly and it went flying off, thus depositing drippy sticky milky white syrup all over the counter and nearby bottles. I was startled at first but as I watched it glisten in the sunlight I started laughing and couldn't stop. But there was no one there to share in my joy. :-( The next shift wouldn't start for several more hours and while I thought of leaving it for him to see, I'm sure he wouldn't find it nearly as comical as I did in the moment.

So, sadly I cleaned it all up and giggled as I poured a shot into my faux latte.

Sometimes working alone really sucks.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?