<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Labels 

I just read an interesting essay, well, speech actually, called "What's So Funny About Bisexual Separatism?". It may or may not interest some of you. But I found it quite interesting. It's meandering and thought provoking.

At one point in the speech she is talking about labels and how we chose labels and how many we are allowed :-). She quotes an online friend as saying...

"Labels make me itch, so I tear them out."

I though that it was poignant enough that I had to quote it as well.

She also talks about the us/them situations so many of us get ourselves into. And it's not all about being bisexual either it's about any us/them feelings we get. Homeschooler versus Schooled, unschoolers versus structured, men versus women, and how by making a black and white distinction we completely ignore ALL of the grey!

I do tend to label myself. But my labels are LONG and detailed. I suppose those kind of labels could be the itchiest of all.


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?