<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Sandwich Artist 

I made 12 sandwiches today. Five slices of Ham, four of turkey, and two of cheese in a soft french roll spread with cream cheese. Each identical. It was hugely gratifying.

I'm a big freak I know but here was my logic. I want my husband to continue feeling supported in going to work. One of the best ways I can do this is to make him lunch. I know it's a little odd but it seems to make a big difference to him. But the thought of remembering to make him a lunch each day while working and trying to juggle the kids and the rest of my life was overwhelming. So instead I made a bunch of sandwiches that he can help himself to. :-) Sometimes I'm so efficient it's disgusting!

And it was fun. There's something very satisfying in production line work. Turning out sandwich after beautiful sandwich each all meaty and cheesy just the way he likes them. Then wrapping each in plastic wrap. My fridge looks like a little deli. I need to get some mustard and mayo packets.

I know I'm weird, you don't need to tell me.




Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?