<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Welcome To The Neighborhood... 

...don't mind the sirens.

Last night I was sitting here at my computer, my kids were jumping around on my bed and I heard two loud noises outside. Like a crack/pop sound. Like fireworks maybe but different somehow. I've never really heard gun shots. Only on TV. And you know that must sound different than real life.

The kids next door were having a Homecoming party later but right then they were at the dance so I figured it wasn't them. I was a little alarmed but not totaly until I heard police sirens racing down my street.

I went downstairs and Shawn was on another computer. I asked him if he had heard the noises. He said he heard the loud bangs but hadn't heard the sirens. We went outside to check it out.

All the neighbors had the same idea. And there were people out on almost every doorstep. We watched 4 more police cars whiz by with lights flashing. They all accumulated at the south end of my block.

It was like 'Dejavue with Gunshots' because last week there had been a bunch of flashing lights down there arresting someone for domestic violence. Someone who had a gun but refused to come out of the house. They had the loudspeaker out and were trying to coax him/her out of the house. We could hear it all.

Last night there was no loudspeaker so we didn't get to know exactly what was going on. But a cop did come and ask us what we had heard and if we had smelled any gunpowder like it was fireworks or anything.

In all the excitement I got to meet the new neighbors who were moving into the house across the street. They have 3 kids 6, 4, and 2! We're very excited. That is assuming they decide to stay! LOL The funny thing is it was right when we were moving in that the people right next doow were busted for selling drugs. Flashing lights and all!

Welcome to the neighborhood!


Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?