<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

Long Ago. 

I've noticed that sightings of people from my past have started to increase at a drastic rate. It may be because of where I work. I have this theory that since "The Gas Station Formally Known as Jackpot" has been a staple in the community so long that if I work here long enough I will eventually meet every person who lives in, or has ever lived in, Richland. The other thing that has picked up is the number of times each day that I hear "I know I know you from somewhere". It was uncanny before. Now it's gotten downright annoying. Not a day goes by that I don't hear it. Even on my days off when I'm not at work and instead I'm out around town people recognize me (likely from work) but can't place how they know me.

There's a regular customer who comes to my store every day or so. In my mind he's "cowtail guy" because he always buys cowtails for his grandmother. My boss even ordered him a whole box of them. We talk a little each time he comes in. He seemed familiar but not in any big obvious way.

The other day he came in with his mom and happened to pay with his debit card where he usually pays with cash. I glanced at his name. Daniel Doscher. Holy God it was Danny Doscher! Which is almost exactly what I said. We went to Jefferson Elementary school together from Kindergarten to 4th grade. And , of course, I had a HUGE crush on him. Which I also said out loud and his mother said "You had a crush on my son?" it was priceless, really.

He came in again the next day and we talked some more. The funny thing is I remember him by name only I don't remember anything ABOUT him. I remember having a big crush on Danny Doscher but it was like 20 years ago!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?