<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On an Upswing. 

My husband got a job today! Hurrah, hurrah!! It's an extra good thing too because yesterday I was about to leave his ass!

I don't know why but dinner time has become a battleground. It's so weird. I grew up in a crazy family but at least from my Pollyanna-looking-back-20-years-later perspective dinner was always a fun time. Some how we've totally missed the mark on making dinner a happy occasion. We skipped right over 'bearable' as well and landed somewhere in "hell, with food". It's tense it's awkward, it's filled with correction, and usually ends with someone storming off or being sent away! It's a bad, bad thing.

Last night was one of these nights. Last night Kathrynn yelled at Aiden for something, Shawn yelled at Kathrynn for yelling at Aiden, I yelled at Shawn for yelling at Kathrynn, Aiden yelled at me to shut up, Neal commented that his daughter only told him to shut up once and 'never again', I yelled at Neal. Kathrynn talked about Shawn as though he weren't there. Shawn stormed off and ate dinner in the computer room with blaring music. Kathrynn cried. Nothing like a nice sit-down family dinner. :-(

I'm hoping that Shawn having a job will relieve some stress and make evenings like these less common.

The job is at some warehouse in Pasco. Nothing fancy or exciting. More warehouse work. The pays not great but it's more than me! What gets me though, is his freaky weird schedule! 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday. Who's ever heard of such a thing? He's never worked a schedule like that in our whole marriage. It will definitely take some getting used to! ;-)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?