<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Denial 

I'm trying to remain in denial about the fact that Dawn is leaving me to go to Seattle for her stupid husband and his stupid job (no offense Keith). It's not really working though, because she's still leaving. *sniff*

I should be really, really happy for her. But mostly I'm just really, really sad for me! And really, really jealous.

Not only am I losing another dear friend to Seattle, but I'm not moving there myself. Which is sort of like not letting me have my cake, not letting me eat it and then crapping right on top of it. :(

I know, I know I could go to Seattle. But that is a completely unreachable goal in my current married state. Shawn is convinced that Seattle is occupied entirely by liberal, radical, communists. He will NEVER move there. He says he doesn't even like going there.

It was more fun to wallow in the self-pity-of-not-getting-to-go-to-Seattle WITH Dawn. Now she's leaving and I have to deal with the fact that I'm never ever getting out of this hell hole of a town all by myself!

*sniff*

I am happy for her. That she got out. But it's a bitter-sweet happy that makes me a little nauseous.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?