<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hottie From the Past 

This year marks the tenth year I have been out of Highschool. What that means is that it's come down to big decision time. To go to the reunion or not. I'll probably go. I'm not sure why, as I didn't like most of them ten years ago and can't imagine I will like them much more now. But there's part of me that wants to go. And it IS local. And my husband is willing, actually eager, which is odd since he never seems to want to do stuff like this.

My class has a website set up where we can get in contact with each other. It's interesting to look and see who's married and who's not bothered to let themselves be found. I happened upon Mike.

For those of you who don't know. Mike was the ~love of my life~. We had an amazing friendship. Best friends! We spent so much time together it was crazy! We understood each other in ways that only best friends can. He was perfect. His only fault was his FLAMING HOMOSEXUALITY! I knew. I would have had to have been deaf, dumb, blind and STUPID to not know. Everyone knew! Of course this barely phased me because I was in love with him.

Not everyone was so enamored with Mike. Most of my close girl friends disliked him intensely. Leanne and Dawn to name a few. Mention Mike to either of them now and they are likely to roll their eyes and groan.

Looking back years later it's easy to see how unhealthy my fixation on him was. Unhealthy for everyone involved. But at the time, a time of RAGING adolescent hormones and religion inflicted shame over them. Well, at the time it all made perfect sense.

Mike and I started to drift apart in college. Slowly at first and then all of the sudden we were in different classes entirely. I met Gordon and started having real sex (which, I admit was not nearly as good as all those years of fantasy sex!). Before long Mike and I were barely even acquaintances. The I was getting married. And he sang at my wedding and I swear to God he dropped off of the planet after that. I'd still hear about him here or there but pretty much he was gone.

One day when Kathrynn was a baby I walked by his parents house and his dad was outside. He told Me that Mike had gone to Atlanta to live with his cousin. I got in contact with him a bit and when I was pregnant with Aiden Mike was in town and we got together for lunch. It was awkward and weird. We had both changed a lot in different ways. I think we exchanged two emails after that and then he was gone again.

I didn't really expect to see his profile on the class website. I figured him for one who 'got out' of the Tri-Cities never to return or have voluntary contact with it again. But there he was. And this is the point of my whole post. There was Mike in his Yahoo profile. Gay as ever. Grown up and happily doing his thing and... FUCKING HOT!!

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?