<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Jury Duty: Conclusion. 

Monday morning I had Jury Duty. I showed up promptly at 8am. We went through a line where our barcodes were scanned and we had to give them our one way mileage from home. Then we sat and waited for everyone to come in. Finally a deputy came and spoke to us. He explained things and asked if there were any questions. An older man on the other side of the room raised his hand to say that he didn't know the laws and didn't feel he was qualified to bring justice in a court case. :)

Then they split us into two groups since they had two cases to try. He explained that one group would be a 'pick-and-send' and the other a 'pick-and try'. I was in the pick-and-try group. What that meant was that we would be asked questions by the lawyers and a jury would be chosen from our group. Then the trial would start immediately. He said to report back at the courthouse at 1:00. It was only 9:00!! I had 4 hours to kill and no car! The other group was to stay, answer questions and choose a jury, then they would be sent home and called back later in the week for the trial.

So, with 4 hours to spend doing nothing I walked over to Craft Warehouse. *sigh* there's a reason I never go there anymore. Too many fun ideas, not enough money. I spent almost two hours in there! I came out with some charcoal sticks for Aiden and some glow in the dark Fimo for Kathrynn. With still more time to kill, I went to Hancock. Same problem. Then I called my husband and met him for Lunch at the Burger King right there. I hate that Burger King. Everytime I eat there it sucks! I guess at least they are consistent.

When we all returned to the jury room and signed in the Deputy came back in. He thanked us all for returning. Then ho told us we had all done our jobs so well that we scared the defendant and he plead guilty so there wouldn't be a trial.

That's that. I still have to call in the next two Fridays as a technicality but he said that the odds of them going through the whole jury pool for this month are slim to none. So I'm off that hook for at least the rest of the fiscal year! LOL

Painless.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?