<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Longest Weekend Ever. 

Yesterday I helped Dawn and Keith move to the West side. We left the house right around 8 am with the optimistic goal of reaching Bothell by noon. Not entirely unrealistic. We stopped at McDonalds on the way out of town which didn't slow us down too much. Still a very good chance of making it to the lease signing on time.

I confess I stopped in Elensburg to pee. It's tradition! But all I did was pee, buy a pack of gum and make a quick phone call to Keith in the moving van.

The pass was Snowy and slick. We went on average about 10 miles an hour the whole way. After that the rest was a breeze. We got to the apartment about 2:30. The apartment manager was out we waited around until 3:00. The lease signing took 45 minutes!! She actually read the lease out loud to them WORD FOR WORD including the addendum while David, Keith's sister and I died of starvation in the next room!

We finally got the keys to the apartment. But they were the wrong keys!! We got settled with the right keys and were finally able to open the doors and get in out of the RAIN at about 4pm. But only briefly as it was starting to get late by then and we needed to get the truck unpacked.

As luck (haha) would have it the apartment in question was on the backside of the building. So we had to hike around the building with every box in the rain!

We were all sore, tired, road weary and starving! We called Amy and Jim Lawler and the promised to come and help and bring Pizza! So with renewed hope we continued. When they arrived with three TAKE 'N BAKE pizzas I almost cried. I ran in and turned on the oven. About 20 minutes later we were finally EATING!! We were also able to locate a dolly and hand truck! Hooray! I think we were done unpacking the truck at about 9:30.

I fell quickly asleep in Dave's bed.

This morning I went out to breakfast with Leanne. I was nine minutes late getting back to the apartment but I still take no blame at all for the following disaster.

We left Bothell at about 11 am. We were supposed to meet Keith's dad at his cabin which is about 30 minutes outside of Yakima. The idea was that this was somewhere near 'half way' and would make it easier for Keith to get home and get stuff ready for his first day of work tomorrow. The reality was that this 'half way' cabin was on highway 12 and no one but Tanya realized that highway 12 is WAY FAR AWAY from Seattle! We figured we would arrive at the cabin between 1 and 2. Instead I think it was closer to 4! Again we were starving because we hadn't stopped for lunch. Keith's dad wasn't even ready to go and said he would be another hour or so. Since Keith was taking I-90 back to Seattle and needed to get to Yakima to do that we went ahead to Miner Burger and had a LATE lunch. After eating we waited there for Keith's dad who gave Tanya and I a ride the rest of the way home. I walked in my door just as my clock chimed 7.

That was an 8 hour drive form Seattle! And I thought the trip up took forever! LOL

All in all though it wasn't horrible. The worst part is that Dawn and Keith are so damn far away now! : (

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?