<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Procrastination: A Sport All It's Own. 

I keep meaning to blog. I even get on here and get into blogger but then I can never seem to get started. Even with something in mind to blog about I can't seem to make myself do it.

So this will be a conglomeration of thoughts (again, I seem to have done this just 2 short posts ago, hmmm).

Currently the kids are in the bathtub wearing bathing suits seeing how many air filled 'water balloons' they need to shove into their suit to float. Kathrynn is up to 11. And she's floating. LOL Aiden insisted on wearing a 'girl bathing suit' because he wanted to look like a bee. Yes, it has stripes. It makes me wonder what sort of comments I would get if he were to wear that suit to a public pool. Hmmm.

Today while walking home from work I saw a young lady trying to singlehandedly push start her car. She was doing an admirable job but it was clearly not going to work. I helped her and we got it started and she gave me a ride home. Swell, how that worked out.

Yesterday I spent a chunk of time calling people we owe money too. We're currently behind on ALL of our bills and we have 3 separate medical bills in various stages of collections from Shawn's surgery. I've been pretty much ignoring them because we didn't have money to pay them. This is NEVER the best course of action. Now I feel more overwhelmed than before. But they do have to be paid.

Last week we got a notice in the mail from the Washington State child support people that they were going to start garnishing Shawn's wages. We expected that so it was no big surprise. The big surprise was that they were going to be collecting the $305 a month order plus $500 a month for the back support for a totally of $805 a month!! Shawn was on the verge of killing everyone it seemed. I was sure if left to his own devices he would do something phenomenally stupid. Monday I called our support enforcement officer Doug. Doug I have to say is the most humane case worker I have ever met in any social service agency EVER!! He doesn't treat us like criminals for having to pay child support, which is nice. I briefly spoke to Doug and he said he would take care of it immediately, which he did (got the new papers in the mail today!).

Monday the kids and I walked (and walked, and walked) for 5 hours! Shawn came home on his lunch break and dropped us at the dollar store near Dairy Queen. We went there then walked to Liquidation World (where they have 4 sizes of Sailor Moon dolls!!) The we walked to Amazon Bay in Uptown for hamster bedding, then to The Spudnut Shop. We had maple bars the size of loaves of bread! Next we took a cenic rout to the bank along a drainage ditch/creek where we saw lots of ducks and quail. From there we visited my dad at work and then we went to the library. We checked out movies there Pokemon, Barney, Pipi Longstocking, Mary Poppins, and Little House on the Prairie. After that we walked home. We returned gone just after 5! It was fun and the kids survived. :-)

Sunday I dyed my hair red. And it is RED! I also have a cute new haircut. I got it the Friday before Radcon and the only one who has seen it, of my blog readers, is Keith. LOL So if anyone else saw me right now from across the park or something you probably wouldn't recognize me. Oh, wait, Jennifer DID see me at the park, so she has seen my haircut too.

Speaking of parks. Last Friday I went to a parkday with some homeschool moms and met a new friend. Her name is Beth and we hit it off right away. She doesn't homeschool and I'm not exactly sure who she knew or why she was sitting with us. I think she actually knew Glory. But she's cool and she SHOULD homeschool. :-)


We have new neighbors across the street. Between the two sides of the duplex there are 7 kids. And Kathrynn doesn't like them. It's weird because it's the first time Kathrynn has not liked someone that I can recall. I noticed them all out playing yesterday and encouraged (pushed :( ) Kathrynn to go play with them. She's been lonely since the two families with little kids on our block both moved out just a month apart. She said she needed me to come with her, which is unusual. And then she wouldn't let me leave. I guess she had met them before. She played with them on their trampoline and they were rude. Not to her really, just to eachother. I don't think that alone bothered her but she clearly didn't feel comfortable with these kids. On the way home she said that we need to get our own trampoline so she can play in her yard. Since then she's been more content to play with Aiden.

I was hoping that when Shawn got his job I could quit mine. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. I am considering getting an evening job instead though because I don't like being away from the kids all day. If I had something in the evenings while Shawn was home I would feel better. It would still suck, but not as much.

My group number didn't get called for this week in Jury Duty. Maybe next week though. :-)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?